Post by RightEatingHabits.com – KICK START your weight loss and back-to-fitness goals with the most important meal of the day – a tasty but low GI (glycemic index) healthy breakfast. One of my favorite healthy breakfast recipes for weight watchers: organic whole oats porridge.
A steaming bowl of freshly cooked whole oats porridge loaded with apricots, seeds and almonds is loaded with health benefits. It is rich in Vitamins A, E, B1 (Thamin), dietary fiber and nutrients such as manganese, potassium, selenium, phosphorus and magnesium. Oats are excellent for the heart, reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and perfect for weight control.
Here is my healthy breakfast recipe for Organic Whole Oats Porridge:
- 1 cup whole oats soaked overnight in 5 cups of water (organic oats if available)
- One 2-inch strip of kombu (seaweed), soaked with the whole oats
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp of wheatgerm
- A handful of unsalted almonds (*About 5 almonds a day per person is sufficient)
- Dried or fresh apricots (*About 3 apricots per person per day.)
- Dried or fresh figs (*About 3 figs per person per day)
- Bring to a boil the soaked oats and kombu in a stainless steel pot.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for at least 5 minutes
- Leave to stand overnight, covered.
- Heat up the soaked oats and kombu in the morning; stir continuously to prevent sticking.
- Add enough water to the porridge to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- Continue to heat the whole oats porridge for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in the wheatgerm.
- Add the unsalted almonds, sunflower seeds, apricots and figs.
- Serve. Keep for 2 days.
Too busy to make a healthy breakfast? Try this recipe!
Making whole oats porridge can be time-consuming. First of all, you need to soak the whole oat grains overnight and boil them the next day. I make this healthy breakfast a couple of times a week.
If you are simply too busy to boil oats porridge for breakfast, I found this equally healthy breakfast recipe at SunburstSuperfoods.com. This online organic food store offers Organic Oat Sprout Powder. Making a healthy breakfast from organic oat sprout powder is so easy. Just mix it into your glass of milk or juice. A convenient yet healthy breakfast! Try it.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Start Your Day With Matcha Green Tea to Burn Belly Fat!
- What Do the World’s Longest Living People Eat?
- Whip Up Anti-cancer Meals With Turmeric Powder
- Healthy Food Recipes From World’s Longest Living People