Whether you’re dining out at a major national chain or a locally owned family restaurant, following a few of these tips can guarantee you a pleasant dinner (or lunch) out without busting your health goals! Some great healthy eating tips:
- Ask your waiter to “triple the vegetables, please.”
Ask for three or four times the normal serving of veggies, and offer to pay extra.
- Beware of the low-carb options
Low carb does not mean low fat or low calories. (A low carb diet limits consumption of grains, starchy vegetables and fruits, but you are encouraged to eat more meat, eggs and dairy which can add excess saturated fats to your diet).
- Order a healthy salad
Diners who ate a big veggie salad before the main course ate less.
- Read between the lines
Avoid anything creamy, breaded, crisp, sauced, or stuffed on the menu. It is likely loaded with hidden fats!
- Drink water throughout the meal
Drinking water will slow you down and let the message get to your brain that you’re full — before your plate is empty.
Try this weight loss tip every morning.
Another tip: Drink a glass of warm lemon water or lemon juice before a heavy meal can improve digestion of fats.
© Teresa Cheong, RightEatingHabits.com
Possibly Related Posts:
- Eight Ways To Lose Weight Quickly
- Top 15 Natural Weight Loss Foods
- Study Shows You Can Re-wire Your Brain For Healthy Eating
- How to Make Matcha Green Tea: A Step-by-Step Video
- Benefits of Green Tea On Fatty Liver